Skip to main content

The Learner

I believe the best way to learn is by doing things.

Nothing have changed much for me after the day, when I was born. I was named Gaurav and 40 years after I was born I am still called, well, Gaurav. I am still a child at heart and like a child try to do things first and learn my lessons more from my failures than from my successes.

My childhood spent some good time in small villages. And, I love nature. I love trees and rivers.

Talking about childhood invariably takes me to my childhood memories. This scene is so vivid in my mind that I still remember it very clearly. Once while my mother was cooking in the kitchen she suddenly saw a snake at the door and unfortunately that was the only way to go out of the kitchen. She was so frightened that she could not even cry to call my father. Suddenly she had an idea, she started throwing the utensils in the opposite direction so that my father could hear the sound and come to help. I ran to call my father. He came and put a big heavy plate on the snake from its back. The snake seemed to be powerful. He pushed open the tray. My father pressed it hard and put something heavy on the tray. He then called neighbors and they all helped us to put the snake in the nearby trees. Incidentally, that also taught me my first lesson in non-violence.

Today, when I apply the same trick to catch a cockroach by using a bowl my little daughter looks at me with praise in her eyes. In my mind I know where I come from. I remember my widened eyes when I watched my father catching that snake using this innovative trick. That makes me more humble also.

Spending time with my eleven-year-old daughter is my best time. She is my life. And her mom? Whereas I am a bit unstable she is consistent...  in whatever she does. I appreciate her for the practical pieces of advice she constantly keeps giving me though I hardly implement.

We got married in November, 1999. It was a tough challenge for my parents to convince me that I too should get married. But, once they found her and we met; it was a cake-walk for them.

Once she asked me after I completed engineering in electronics why I was in marketing? I said, "Because I like to visit places and meet people."

After a little pause she asked, "Then, why did you do engineering?"

"Hmmm. I wanted to live in hostel and enjoy with friends." I said.

"You are not serious about your career." Pat came her reply.

Luckily, I got the message. I entered IT industry in 2000. I find it very interesting to make e-learning courses that get delivered over internet. I also enjoy making websites. I am enjoying my life at work in IT. Day by day I find myself more interested in work with a desire to do more and learn as much as I can and that is sufficient to make me happy at work also.

I completed Electronics Engineering from Madan Mohan Malviya Engineering College in UP. When I came out from college in 1995 people had already started talking about 21st century. Today, I am proud of the advancements made in technology.

You might have heard about bathroom singer, but this is first time you can see and hear a computer singer, because I sing while at computer. My boss and colleagues often get amused how can I sing and work on computer at the same time? I enjoy my daily dates with computer and with internet.

However, 21st century has made me conscious of certain issues that we have now. Day by day I become more conscious of my life-style that it may be polluting something somewhere. To name a few polythene bags have become so ubiquitous. Being able to use water for taking bath sometimes makes me feel I am living a luxurious life.

I look so calm to people but I live a hectic work life. I wish I could spend more time with my family.

My worries do not end there. There is something else that bothers when I try to visualize my future.

You all know about that. Limited fuel resources? Global Warming? A bigger problem than all these combined together is that we do not admit that these are real problems. More than that we are not able to realize that each one of us is responsible for that. I think that is very important. Only then we can hope for a solution.

I am trying to learn how I can work with others to make our human race live longer. I want to learn from you and then do my little bit for our own benefit. I pray to God that 21st century does not turn out to be the final century. Lets do something about it. That will be the best insurance cover or investment plan that we can gift our next generations to come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Damar Tantra | Shivambu Kalpa (Urine Therapy)

Damar Tantra is an ancient Sanskrit work about therapeutic system 'Shivambu', i.e. auto urine therapy. This was expounded by Lord Shiva to the Goddess Parvati. It is asserted in Damar Tantra that all diseases can be cured by the regular use of one's own urine. Shivambu is truly regarded as ‘panacea’ as auto urine therapy is said to be effective in over 175 health conditions.
Parvati ! I shall expound to you the recommended actions and rituals of Shivambu Kalpa that confer numerous benefits. Those well versed in the scriptures have carefully specified certain vessels for the purpose.Utensils made from the following materials are recommended : Gold, Silver, Copper, Bronze, Brass, Iron, Clay, Ivory, Glass, Wood from sacred trees, Bones, Leather and leaves.The Shivambu (one’s Own Urine) should be collected in a utensil made of any of these materials. Among them, clay utensils are better and copper ones are by far the best.The intending practitioner of the therapy should abjure …

educoin - the digital currency of learning

Imagine having a wallet, call it eduwallet, on a public ledger where your learning is recorded in multiples of 'one hour learning record' called edublock. The ledger is powered by blockchain, same technology that powers bitcoin. Then, what would be the equivalent of bitcoin in the education space? Let us call it educoin – a collection of karma i.e. individual learning experiences, where every learning-experience is a karma.

The public ledger with edublocks will enable everyone to receive credit from anyone. Similar to bitcoin, this will be beyond the boundaries of institutions, schools and universities. So, the formal learning institutions will, sooner or later, embrace the technology and will need to adapt to the new emerging models. All learning will become recordable and measurable in the public domain.

Educoin will radically decentralize education and make it more transparent and learner centric. As we see with bitcoin, there is no central authority, no goverment, no ban…

What is Sun Gazing?

Sun Gazing is the practice of looking directly at Sun. It is known by many other names such as solar healing, sun staring, sun yoga and surya yoga.

Sun Gazing is the rebirth of a science practiced in ancient times throughout the world. Sun Gazing can solve many of the ills of the present day and provide solutions on all fronts - physical, mental and spiritual.

One can become independent and free by Sun Gazing. Sun is available equally for all for free. Sun Gazing is believed to be a spiritual practice from the ancient times. As more and more people are now starting Sun Gazing, it is becoming a repeatable phenomenon and hence it is becoming a scientific practice.

Benefits of Sun Gazing:
Practitioners and theories on Sun Gazing say that
Sun Gazing stimulates pineal gland that causesmore secretion of serotonin hormones which brings satisfaction and relaxation i.e. happiness.less secretion of melatonin hormones which reduces the need for sleep.Sun Gazing increases energy level and vitalit…